lørdag, september 20, 2008

Siste gang...

Okey, so I figured, since this is probably the last time many of you read my blog in a long time... Since you're coming to America... I would just like to say a few words of wisdom... (It is in English, cause you need to practice reading English before comin here...)

#1: Write down this number and MAKE SURE you bring it with you!! 1-408-393-5841. If at any time you find a phone, wether it is when you are staying at someone's home or you're at a hotel, please... PLEASE call me!! That would mean so much to me!! And if there's some problem and you need to contact me, that's where you'll find me! :) So, okey... REMEMBER TO WRITE IT DOWN!

#2: Bring with you lots of shorts and tank-tops... But do not forget a sweatshirt or something warm for mornings and evenings... It's not always hooot!

#3: Don't think that you can recharge your cellphone or camera when you get here... You can't use your charger in the electrisity-outplugs, cause they're totally different... Get everything ready and charged fully before you leave Norway!

#4: Haha! The dollar has gone up again, so it isn't as terribly cheap as it was when I first came... Don't think in your mind that you have to multiply every NOK with 5 to get a dollar... It's almost 6 now...

#5: Keep lots of room in your suitcases or bags for stuff you want to buy here... YES! It is much, much cheaper than the terribly expensive Norway!

#6: Leave all your shyness at home... Be outgoing, talk to lots of people and be friendly... Here people tend to start conversations in the foodisle at Safeway or say stuff to random people.. Just the other day I got like 5 compliments for my shoes from totally strangers at a water polo tournament.. It was the other team's moms! But don't get to close to people.. They have their personal space, that's for sure!

#7: Remember to bring Melinda some brown cheese or milkchocolate from Norway... JUST JOKING!!! I don't like any of those:D My hostfamily likes milkchocolate, though, so thanks to everyone who gave me that before I left home:) Haha!

#8: Try to sleep a lot on the airplane, and when you get here... Go to bed around 7 p.m. the first night (local time) and then you should be okay with the jet-lag!!

I am going to IKEA tomorrow, by the way!! :D Maybe I'll buy some knekkebrød or something, we'll see! :D

7 kommentarer:

Melissa sa...
Denne kommentaren har blitt fjernet av forfatteren.
Melissa sa...

I have already stuffed my shyness under the bed and the browncheese is packet;) Gleder meg masse masse til å se deg! :D

Melissa sa...

packed:P

Anonym sa...

Takk for tipsa!!:) Jeg hari kke begynt å pakke ordentlig enda.. men kan vi ikke bruker lader? HVA GJØR VI DA??? Gleder meg såånnn!!!

Anonym sa...

Fine bilder! Pappa og jeg stemmer på det øverste;)Klem fra Mathias

Anonym sa...

Halloooo! Du kan ikke slutte å skrive selv om Tyrifjordgjengen er på reise. Vi er mange flere som leser!!!

Anonym sa...

lyckliga människor som får träffa dej:)